Results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: ARGH! Kaya's Woven Belt

  1. #1
    Puella Romana
    Guest Puella Romana's Avatar

    Post

    Okay... the belt that came with my Kaya's adorned deerskin dress was an inch too small. I called and they sent a replacement part... it was shorter. I just got my third one and it's the same size as the first!!! AAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRGGGGHHHH!

    I called again and the rep says that the problem is my Kaya doll being too chubby, not the belt! I think I am going to have to write to PC giving them the measurements of the belt that came on Kaya (roughly 3/4 of an inch longer and fits fine) and the woven belt.

    Why can't they just give me a belt that fits? I've been using the belt from her meet outfit with the dress but the woven belt would look so much better! Is it possible to get something like "velcro extenders" that I could use to make the belt fit?

  2. #2
    HB Forum Owner moderator's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 20th, 1999
    Posts
    952
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I don't think *anyone* gets that belt in a size that fits their Kaya. It's not limited to Kaya, either. Last Christmas my mom gave one of my AGT's a makeover (and turned her into a "Kaya") with Kaya's adorned deerskin dress. It didn't fit her, either, and she's not an overstuffed doll (all other clothes have fit the doll fine).

    I think there's a problem with the belt itself, but that they for some reason aren't noticing a trend with complaints about the belt.

    I didn't complain because a lot of pulling and squeezing helped it fit her, but I probably also should have complained. My guess is that it doesn't fit any doll well, but that most people have squeezed their dolls into it and not informed American Girl of the problem.

  3. #3
    Inactive Member *meg*'s Avatar
    Join Date
    August 29th, 2002
    Posts
    105
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    the belt is too short on my kaya as well. but at least it is just long enough to barely meet and still be pretty tight on her.

    personally i think it is a manufacturing flaw with the belts. in your letter mention that you ahve talked to other people who recieved belts way too small. i remember other people on this board talking about this when the outfit first came out. it's definitely not your kaya being to chubby...

    meg

  4. #4
    Inactive Member JAdder's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 31st, 2002
    Posts
    141
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Strange my woven belt fit my Kaya just fine. The dress made her look like she just sprouted wings but the rest of the outfit fits just fine is this a recent problem?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •